Sunday, January 3, 2010

Massachusetts Marriage Name Change Is It Legal For The BMV Of Ohio To Deny A Name Change?

Is it legal for the BMV of Ohio to deny a name change? - massachusetts marriage name change

I am a lesbian married in Massachusetts. I was told by many that I knew my marriage was not recognized in the State of Ohio. Nice. But she also said that the license could use a legal document to rename my wife, is to change its name. Soc Sec Administration had no problem to change its name because it is a certificate. We went to the BMV today. Was issued a license of the new and then when we left, he called and took her. You told us that members of Congress call b / c it does not seem fair, but a failure of the head .. registar in 2004! said a document of gay marriage is not recognized as a legal document.

Zip iggnorance not. Only answer if possible to know where to turn and what action to take.

2 comments:

Lynn Bodoni said...

I advise you to change the name without reference to the marriage. She said she wants to be known simply as Sally Jones, now instead of Sally Smith. If it does not try to deceive anyone, or his name to something offensive and Sally M ***** f *****, then I think it is legally entitled to the name change. You can also use the document on Social Security as a legal document. I do not know if it will work, but worth a try.

I looked at changing my own name for other purposes, and what I've read, it is allowed to change your name if you do not do it with the intent to deceive.

But I am not a lawyer.

Of course, you can try to hire a lawyer, and I am sure that it works, but you may not want all the money it would cost to pay.

I wish you both a happy marriage. I'm a Texan right, but not everyone is homophobic.

Zach said...

Because of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act), a State must recognize a gay marriage anothe state. Since Ohio does not recognize gay marriage does not take into account, the marriage certificate or license for a legal document. It would take a court in Ohio to change its official name in this state, he will wait until DOMA repealed, what will happen if Barack Obama is in office.

Post a Comment